Wednesday, March 4, 2009

End of the Week at Avalon




Last Friday all the teachers at my school (foreigners like myself and our Korean co-teachers) celebrated the end of our winter semester, the departure of a foreign teacher, and the recent arrival of 4 new teachers (myself included). Lots of Pizza and Coke. The Coke tasted reassuringly familiar...the pizza was closer than I thought it would be. Corn is one of the most popular pizza toppings here, and though it goes well with pepperoni, green peppers, etc, I still laughed every time I looked down and saw yellow kernels on my slice. My good friends Thomas (from CA) and Heather (from Toronto) are the ones running around. We're in the lobby of our school, Avalon. Ours is an elementary campus. Above us on the 5th and 6th floors are Avalon elementary and high school campuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment